Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kxtd170 analog on a kx-td816 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chance2

Vendor
Nov 2, 2003
US
will the addition of the kxtd170 module to a kx-td816 support the analog kxt7750/7730/7720 sets on its analog ports? I know probably a stupid question but the description says slt phone and I want to make sure its not your old style desk phone. thanks in advance

The KXTD-816 supports those phones without the expansion. The expansion simply adds more of the EXACT SAME ports to the phone system. You can get the 7700 series phones to work on the system by simlpy connecting all 4 wires from the station port on the KSU to the phone and then making sure that XDP for that port is turned off.

i think what your asking is whether you can use the 7700 series instead of a single line 2500 type set as a xdp analog port slt

if so then no the xdp analog will not support any system phones only standard analog phones (anything you can plug into a POTS line)

Thanks. I didnt want to use them on the xdp port, just off the regular port out of the ksu but thanks for the extra info skip555. Thanks for the heads up on the turning off the xdp mrpeabody for use of the 7700 series sets. better to ask in advance than have to return phones <g>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back