Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KXTD-1232 and TVS 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsoz

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
Where can I find a good guide for setting up a TVS 100 with a KXTD-1232. Panasonic manuals suck. The boot processes in the manuals make no sense. The system I'm dealing with has 2-1232 cabs, and a 2 port TVS-100.

the manuals are pretty poor

have you tried the quick setup ? I found that using the quick setup and that just going with what was avalable on the screens worked best for me

trying to make sense of the documation got me no where

be sure you intilize it before you start the manual wasnt clear on this and I had problems as a result

power down with your terminal hooked up , turn the switch on the cabinet to 5 then power back up watch the screen and when it gives you the warning to turn back to 0 turn it to 0
I missed this on the first one I set up and it caused problems till I went back in and did it.

good luck and if you have specfic problems bring them back here .

The problem is not the TVS100, it's more about how to program the 1232 to work best

with two cabinets and any kind of call volume 2 ports is probably not going to be enough

what spacfic issues are you having ?

If you are using two cabinet with just to port voicemail you will run it trouble. {Busy}

fsoz:

The only progam needed to integrate the VM is 117 (system/vm integration in PC admin). You only need to program one extension port, because one digital pair gets you 2 ports. Also, program a VTR key on needed phones. There are some optional programming steps under CO lines for auto-attendant, but don't even consider using the AA during business hours with only 2 ports, as skip555 and BTBZ pointed out. Remember, the voicemail will only do 2 things at once (ex: if 2 people are checking vm, you cannot VTR an outside caller to VM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back