Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KXTA 824 Questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOTech2008

Programmer
Feb 12, 2013
US
I am working on a kxta 824 that was previously installed by another company. I am usually an avaya tech but have some exposure to panasonic systems. I have two questions about the system. First is there a way to program a feature button that calls another extension with only one touch. The customer wants the button to automatically pick up the speakerphone and call the extension. Currently they have to press spkr or pickup the handset then press the button for the extension. Second they want to use the system to forward the analog co lines to their cell phones. Their provider doesn't offer the option. They need to be able to forward different lines to different numbers. Thank you for all your help and input.

Is there a way to program a feature button that calls another extension with only one touch? The answer is yes. This is speed dialing setup.

To set it up, on the Maintenance console, go to Extension > Flexible Buttons.

Then under CO Buttons, Click a prffered button and select Direct Station Selection (DSS).

In the pop-up that opens select the extension you would like to assign that button to call.

Hopping that helps.

The customer currently has the feature buttons programmed as you described. They are setup as dss buttons in the maintenance console. However they still have to press speaker or pick up the handset before pressing the dss button on the phone. This makes it a two button press. The customer wants to be able to just press the dss button. Is it possible to do this or is the system designed to make the customer press both buttons? Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

This is not going to happen.

You have to understand how Panasonic sees things.

Yes it is a "One Touch" button, but you have to raise your handset first.

I guess that raising the handset does not count as touching the button.

It is like their "Built-In Voice Message" that requires an "OPTIONAL CARD".
If is "Built-In" why does it require additional equipment???

From the manual:
Built-in Voice Message (BV) (Optional voice message card required)
Built-in Voice Message (BV) allows a caller to leave a voice message in a user's personal message area or
the PBX's common message area ( 1.1.8 Built-in Voice Message (BV)).

Don't let this discourage from using/selling/learning Panasonic systems, they are a great company.

The KXTDA-50 Digital system will allow you to have a True One Touch Button feature the way you want it to work, not the KXTA-824.
I see the KXTA-824 as a product sold and installed by IT Techs, end users, electricians and alarm companies.

PS - I believe that the Panasonic Digital systems are much better than Avaya's IP Office.
Unlike the IP Office, you can take a Panasonic system out of the box, install it and it works.
No need to be sure that you have the most recent firmware in the KSU and in your programming computer.
No need to update the firmware 4 to 8 times a year. Maybe once every 3 to 4 years and it is free.
No need to spend 2 hours or more on the job while you download the latest software and install it in you computer then into the KSU.
No need for "workarounds" to get the system to do basic telephone system functions.
Traditional connection methods for External Page.

Try Panasonic, I think you will like it.

Thank you for explaining Panasonic's somewhat misleading view. I was kind of thinking that was simply the way the system worked. From the rest of my research on the system I would agree it seems like a switch for the IT guys, electricians, etc. I still need to find out if there is any way to forward the co lines to an external number. The carrier does not offer the feature and the customer wants to know if the system can do it. Any ideas on a way to achieve this? Thanks.

if you jump up to a td or TAW 848 or TDA/E/NCP DSS buttons are true one touch what I did on the past on kx-t/ta systems was mark intercom button as Intercom

Function

yes you can fwd to a c.o. with a 824 but results are less than good because it does unattended conference on 2 c.o.'s and is a resource hog!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back