Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TES824 compatibility questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbdudley

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
US
I have a KX-TES824TW system that came from an office in Taiwan. Is this essentially the same as the KX-TA824 model that is offered in North America? The main circuit board inside is marked TE-824/TA-824. The system menus on the display are in English, thankfully.

I would like to be able to install this system in one of our US branch offices. What kind of compatibility problems might there be? I'm not familiar with phone systems in Asia - are the voltages, signaling frequencies and so forth the same?

Thanks for any information you can provide for me.

Electricity in Taiwan is 110 Volts, alternating at 60 cycles per second.

1.you would need to compare that to your area
you can test the line port by running a multimetre accross an annalogue extension then compare the voltage against the line voltage in your area.

peter (

don't count on importing the tes and have it work !

What kind of problems should I expect to run into?

A not working with our pstn network not getting any support from panasonic the voicemail card for the tes/ta is junk and this is the bottom tier analog system so why bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back