Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDE100 going out of service, and in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward301

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2022
US
I have observed more from this system since my last post.

I have a KX-TDE100 with a M power supply PSLP1433, unit powers up and runs perfectly, however every hour or so
the system appears to put all phones or extensions out of service, then back in service. The out of service
lasts about 5 seconds, the red alarm light comes on when this occurs as a minor alarm, and major alarm.

Every time I power down the system, and then power back up, the power sequence comes up perfectly with
no issues.

All of the card lights remain green, and the power supply light stays on during all of this. The IPCMPR
card shown no change during this. The system my cycle two or three time when this occurs. The system
comes back up and operates perfectly for 10 minutes up to an hour, then repeats.

Major alarm codes are Error Code 11, Sub Code 10000, Error Message DC power down.

Minor alarm Codes are Error Code 251, Sub Code 10031, Error Message MSG DSP failure
251 10032 MSG DSP failure
310 10042 Port Link Failure

If the power supply alarm circuit is the cause, I saw on here where someone showed taking the MPR card
and jumping pins 30 to 42. Can I do this on this system with the IPCMPR card.

Do not touch IPCMPR, repair power supply PSLP1433.

This is most likely a power supply problem. The other, less frequent, culprit causing this kind of trouble is a bad SD card.

Have any of you ever tried repairing these PSLP1433 power supplies. I checked the capacitors and they
were good. I also cleaned the power supply with Deoxit, and for some strange reason it is working great
right now.

Any idea which part of the power supply fails, most likely due to heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back