Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA30NE - corrupt RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GertJanDeMan

Technical User
Dec 21, 2022
NL
Hello all,

I'm new to this group, so first a short introduction: IT-professional for more than 30 years, and (hobby) telephone enthousiast, owned more then 10 different PBX's in my life, and own a small collection of analog phones. Currently using a Panasonic KX-TD612 with multiple phones attached, but interesting in Panasonic KX-TDA30.

To attach my analog phones collection, I bought a brand new Panasonic KX-TDA30 with two 8-Port-SLT-cards (KX-TDA3174NE) and a 2-Port-BRI-Line Card (KX-TDA3280CE). Yesterday, installed the cards into the main system, and powered it up. That all seems to work fine, however, after initial setup and then cold-boot (powering down-and-up-again), it looks like the RAM gets corrupted: the attached Panasonic KX-T7630 phone warns that mailbox is full and a call is coming in:

Image1_jzu7s5.png

Also, when looking in the logs of the maintenance console, there is a major error (RAM battery low) on row 0.
The other rows show garbage:

Image2_ualaam.png

When I boot up with the initialize-switch-mode, and then switching to normal-mode, all is fine. It will also let me update date/time after connecting with Maintenance Console. But after powering down-and-up, above situation re-appears.

My questions:
- the RAM battery seems to be soldered to the mainboard, can it be replaced?
- will this solve the cold-reboot-problem?

Regards;
GertJan
Netherlands

Yes, the battery soldering to the mainboard.
No matter how it is, the battery must be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back