Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA30 Can't hear other party on call pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntegrityTeks

Technical User
Apr 14, 2014
CA
I have a simple TDA30 setup with 1 co line plus 2 2nd VOIP line coming into port 2.
When I pick up an incoming call on the VOIP (line 2), sometimes I cannot hear the other party although they can hear me. This happens inconsistently as most of the time I am able to have a conversation right away.
Can my Linksys PAP2 VOIp system be the problem or is it a TDA30 config issue? How can I fix & test this?

Thanks in advance.

Answering on the ringing phone not picking up from the ringing phone.

If so it has nothing to do with pick up. It could be your router. Check with provider what udp ports should be forward to system for voice

well I have been using the same router & Linksys PAP for several years without any problems. The only chance is the KX-TDA system now implemented.

if you are using a Pap it means you are connected to an analogue line on the system. try swapping the line with line 1 and test both of them and see if fault stays with line port 2 or move to port 1. or try putting a phone directly on the pap output and see if you can get it to happen. try answering fast (after first ring) to see it could be a line pickup mute if the system does not see the call as an incoming if answered too quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back