Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA100 - Setup call forwarding to forward to outside line. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanC74

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2007
Hi there

I'm having a problem setting up our Panasonic KX-TDA100 to forward calls to an outside line when the user enables this on their phone.

Steps I have taken include:

Enabled via phone, as follows:
1. Dial *710 for FWD - both internal and external calls, 2 for all calls plus the phone number I want to redirect to (with a 0 in front since its an outside line, followed by # to complete the command.

ie - *710290207123456# would enable forwarding any internal or external calls to the outside line '0207123456'

2. The phone tones to signal that it accepted the command and I can verify via the KX-TDA admin console that the settings have been entered correctly and are active.

I then try dialing that phone extension and it rings and does not forward to the number specified.

I have also tried entering the settings directly into the system via the administration console.

Note that the forwarding does work if you use an internal extension, calls forward to the extension you enter properly, but it ignores any attempt to use an outside line.

Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this problem, I appreciate any help people can give?

Thanks!
Ryan

Did you check the class of service of the extension. Is call forward to CO enabled under that COS. Also is the COS of the trunk group set to 1 instead of 7. Try these, then post back.

Hello

Thanks for the quick reply - I have found the Call Forward to CO setting and enabled it for COS 1 and then set the trunk group to 1 instead of 7 and it is now working!!!

What I need to know is what effect it will have by changing the COS from 7 to 1 for the trunk group?

This system was setup a long time ago by someone else who no longer works here you see!

Thanks
Ryan

There should be no issues. What I would worry about is whether or not your voicemail ports are restricted. The only reason why I say this is because of the Hacker out there who hacks the Panasonic voicemails.

sorry about the stupid question i am about to aski but

above you say that an outside line on your system = 0
however you later gave an example *710290207123456#

acording to this 9 = outside line not 0

peter

TelecomAvatar: We don't actually have voicemail set up on our system, though a few users have requested a voicemail feature for the phones. Not sure I have the time to start working exclusively on the phone system to get that running though.

rivet: Our outside line is 9 the first example where I said 0 was a typo, sorry!

Anyway it is all working perfectly now, so thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back