Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA100 Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtaddeo

Technical User
May 30, 2013
US
Does anyone know settings on maintenence console to enable call forwarding on a DID to an outside line? We are able to forward calls that come in on the extension but not calls that come in on the direct line.

The Fwd to CO was already enabled. Any other ideas?

does the DID target to and extension?

If not you can create and extension as portable station and then assign the DID number to target that portable station.
Then call forward that extension to your outside number.

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject, my specialty is network and systems administration. I have inherited a Panasonic KX-TDA100 and KX-TVA50 voicemail system. The phone vendor showed me basic administration, I can add extensions and manage voicemail boxes but my knowledge limited and the last thing I need are changes that could affect the entire system. None of my calls come in on the DID's so if I should start a new thread please let me know.

I have a user who is off site with a local extension that transmits all calls to voicemail. We would like to have his calls forward to his home office. The KX-TDA100 is managed via USB using PBX Unified ver. 7.1.1.4.

His extension is not connected to a handset right now, I might need to change that based on recent requests (they want to use the voicemail waiting light on the handset in case he gets a message). That could be unecessary if forwarding works.

Should I switch his extension to a wired extension and attempt the all calls forward to an outside number from the unused handset or can someone point me to simplified documentation for doing this at the phone system level? If the handset is disconnected, will the call still forward?

Transfer to CO is enabled in the Class of Service (2.7.1) but I don't know where to input the outside number, I've tried adding the outside number in the wired extension setting (4.1.1) under intercept destination settings by adding the external number in each category and disabling the all calls transfer to voicemail option on the voicemail system but that just sent the call to the receptionist. I also tried to add the outside number to the FWD/DND settings (4.1.2) but that didn't work either (maybe it's also because I didn't program 9P1-phonenumber?).

We currently have available extensions and handsets not in use, but I'm not sure how long until I need them. It seems like a waste of resources to tie up an extension for someone who isn't in the office.

I'm assuming that once the call is forwarded the voicemail box is freed up and there's no way to incorporate the KX-TVA50 system.

Thanks for any assistance. Is there a good Panasonic management documentation site? I have zero training and am barely literate in phone systems and their vocabulary. I do have the KX-TDA PC Programming Manual version 5.0000 or later.

I have more information from this mornings testing. Still can't get forwarding all calls to work but I know more about the system. I see that my original post moves this thread to the top of the forum so unless told to start a new thread, I will continue to post here.

The user's voicemail box notifies him when there is a new message in his box through the notification schedule of the KX-TVA system. The format for this is 91(areacode&phonenumber) (we're on a border so it's long distance)

When I tried to setup forwarding all calls using the handset instructions found here: <-Very nice find, if you're on this board Thanks, if you know him tell him his videos are appreciated!

The number showed up in the FWD/DND settings (4.1.2) of the management console. I tried connecting from an internal extension dialing the 3 digit extension number and the line just rings, no voicemail and no forwarding.

I have tried changing the FWD/DND destination on Call from CO to the 91(areacode&phonenumber) and disabling the All Calls Transfer to Mailbox setting in the voicemail system but the result of that is "incorrect entry" and the system resets to the main greeting.

I have another question, regarding changing just 1 extension at a time in the management console. Say extension 115 is at No. 33, Slot 1, Port 15 (4.1.1); does the No. part of that (33) correspond to COS no. 33? Will this allow me to enable services for individual extensions instead of changing settings for everyone? Right now all my Call Forward to CO entries are set to disable (I tried just enabling Call Forward to CO for the COS no. of the Extension I was trying to forward when testing) if I enable this for COS No. 33 am I then supposed to be able to forward extension 115 and none of the others? It seems that's how it should work. (Note:I have been using APPLY/OK after each step)

I am hope that someone down the line finds this information useful since I can't find much regarding these systems online, except for manufacturer's documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back