Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TDA 30 issue, phone type not changing and not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleuser

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
GB
I have a problem installing a KX-T7665 on my KX-TDA 30 telephone system. The phone is installed into Slot 1 (S-Hybrid), Port 2 that was previously a SLT extention. Now I want it to be a DPT(40v) extention but it doesn't change automaticly and I can't find an option to change this.

Also in slot 1, if its releavant, I have 2 APT(15v) telephones and another DPT(40v) telephone.

Whats the issue here and why won't it work? Can anyone help me?

do you have the maintainance console?

Yes I have the maintainance console!

look in port programing I'll bet the dxdp is OUS for that port

Try putting it ous then plug in the phone, then put the port back in service. DXDP should not be the problem. also make sure the jack is wired for a digital phone the you are looking for the pair that wires to the black,yellow.

Does the phone have dialtone?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

What SW is your TDA on. I thought the very first release did not support DXDP. We had to upgrade a couple of our first TDA's for this to work. But this was around release 1.

While the handset is plug into the unit directly, reset the system and see if that works first.

Make sure you have the appropriate 4 wire cord to connect between phones (a 2 wire will connect an SLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back