Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD816 & TVS50 Auto attendant / Voicemail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SG20

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
US
Couple of questions...

We have 3 incoming CO lines. During the day time, I would like the auto attendant on the TVS50 to answer only lines 1 and 2, give the caller a greeting to the effect of "Thanks for calling. Our hours are 9-5. If you would like to speak to someone, please hold the line and somebody will be with you shortly"

At this point, I want all of our extensions (ext 101, 102, 103, 104) to ring indefinitely until somebody picks up the phone. If the above can't be done and some sort of caller input is needed like dialing 0, then that's fine too.

At night, caller gets a greeting on lines 1, 2 and also on line 3 to the effect of "Thanks for calling...please leave a message". At this point, caller gets transferred into a general mailbox which all extensions (101, 102,103, 104) have access to and all extensions have the message waiting light come on.

2. Is it possible to change the intercom dialtone from an actual dialtone to something else?

3. If I am on the phone, and another call comes in, is it possible to make the other line ring instead of just giving two short beeps? Also, how do I increase the volume of the beep?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Jason

in 816 programming Set your CO lines in DIL1:1 for VM port for DAY and night as appropriate,
then, in TVS50 programming as per Manual set ports for Custom service(1-100)and record greetings
Set up a an Extn group(ring) with all of your extensions as members and change no answer ring time to the Max setting.
It is not an easy job to prgram a voice mail system
You will need to read the Manual carefully,if you don't have much experience in this system I suggest you contact a dealer because you can get into a lot of difficulty.

Thanks for your help. I wound up using phantom extensions.
I now have the following setup which seems to work.

2 phantom extensions (270 and 271) assigned to flex keys on ext 101, 102, 103, 104.

Line 1 goes to phantom extension 270 and line 2 goes to phantom extension 271.

Day Mode:

CAller on line 1 > custom service 1 > transfer to phantom ext 270.

Caller on line 2 > custom service 2 > transfer to phantom ext 271.

Reason for 2 phantom ext is because, for example, if 2 callers call in simultaneously on line 1 and line 2, and ext 101 is talking to caller 1 on line 1, I want him to know that somebody is calling on line 2 at the same time.

Is this the most efficient way to set this up?

Also, one more thing that I would really appreciate help with...

When somebody calls in on line 1 or line 2, they get the appropriate custom service greeting and are transferred to the appropriate phantom extension. The problem is that after 60 secs (no answer ring time max setting in tvs50), if nobody answers the phone, the caller gets transferred back to the tvs50 and he has to listen to the custom service greeting all over again and then gets transferred back to the phantom extension. Is there a way to stop this and just have the system transfer from tvs50 to phantom extension and allow the phones to ring perpetually?

Thanks

Jason

Hi there -

Am trying to help a person that I set up in Texas with their system. They're having some problems. Here's what I did:

1. Initially, I set the DAY/NIGHT mode to AUTO so that during normal hours, the phones would ring, and then at night, the VP would answer them immediately. This seems to have somehow gotten goofed up and now it's answering all calls immediately.

They just want to turn this feature off and have it ring "normally" (answer after 4 rings) all of the time. How do I do that?

2. I'm guessing that I need to change the call intercept feature to tell the voice processor to pick up the calls after a certain amount of rings. What are the program numbers for Call Intercept Day/Night?

I can do this stuff with great ease when I'm sitting at the console, but to do this from memory is more difficult! Thanks so much for the help ... much appreciated!

407 is day intercept done by trunk group
203 is intercept timer done by number of rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back