Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD193 Caller ID Card in KX-TD1232-6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassin4him

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
I recently installed a KX-TD193 CID in the upper position of a D1232. I enabled the CO lines (Caller ID assignment; pgm [406]), and I think I need to program CLIP (pgm [622]), but I don't know how to do this, and my manual is an earlier version that doesn't include program [622]. Also, the CO's are POTS lines and not ISDN.

Anyway, at this time, CID doesn't work.

Anyone have a solution?

you should not have to do anything there unless you
have number only cid on your lines!! have you varified
with a caller id box or butset that the co is sending
the caller id info?

Well, I discovered what I'd done wrong! For CO lines 1-4, the KX-TD193 must be installed in the LOWER position, not the upper one.

Also, for those of you who want to remove a "daughter" module that uses the nylon snap-in posts to secure the module to a "mother" PCB, don't attempt to pry the post out of the hole. If you can't get to the back side of the "mother" PCB/module, take the time to remove the "mother" module and squeeze the tips of the nylon posts together and push back through the hole.

The hazard of prying the post out, is it likely will break, plus you stand a good chance of damaging circuit traces on the mother board.

i have to say i did the same thing with the first 193
i installed in a 1232 years ago and i do remember
taking the daughter board out and pinching the
stand offs with long noses plyers to get it out!!
i was in to much of a hurry to read the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back