Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD1232 Point to Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteStarMI

Vendor
Aug 21, 2003
US
I'm having a bear of a time setting up a point to point T1 between 2 kx-td1232 has anyone done this before and do you have some suggesitons on the best way to do this
I'm using an ad tran 600r with dsx-1 ports going into the t1 on the system
The T1 card is model 187 im using only eight of the chanels of the t1 for voice

what is the best method to use DID TIE OPX?

Thnx fo your help

First of all, you need ADTRAN 600s on both ends. The network side of the DS1 from the 600 needs to match the DS1 from the telco or service provider. Make sure the ADTRANs are GROUNDED! (at the ground post on back) Once you have a working path between your locations you can then setup your DSX-1 ports. Depending upon your network config you need to assign one of the KX-TD1232s to be the MASTER for the DS1 timing source. This also goes for the 600, see timing in the manual. Make yourself a map for your 8 channels of TIE and whatever else goes on the DS1. Using TIE is probably the better way to go so you can keep a uniform numbering plan for the whole system.

I can give you more info later, I'm out the door to service a system right now.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back