Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD1232 Door Phone Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Simonson

Technical User
Sep 29, 2017
US
I have a 1232 in use at my office, but will be moving office to home, so I've begun drawing out of the infrastructure. It has the V7 firmware.

I recently procured a TX-161 four door module to add on. However when I look at the prices on E-Bay or other telecom sites, the price for door speakers effectively dims the prospect of having door phones.

So the question is this:
Can one use a analog Aiphone door intercom. It's a two wire system that shorts the loop when the doorbell but is pressed. Is there anything in circuit besides the speaker/microphone?

Thanks and Peace,[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1720540499/tips/LE-D_500x375_xtck7e.webp[/url]

B

I can't answer on the Aiphone door phones but a Viking PAN-1A adapter will let you use Viking door phones in place of Panasonic KX-T30865 or KX-T7775 door phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back