Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TD1232 -6 cabinet Phantom Extension not working / reads busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomAvatar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2006
US
I need to enable a phantom extension on about 5 phones. I programmed extension 265 in location 1 of program 124. I assigned the phantom extension to the phones. When you press the phantom extension button it reads "busy" in the display. If I try to dial the phantom extension from the Intercom it shows busy also. I know extension 265 is a valid extension, I have tried other extension numbers and I get the same thing. What am I missing?

Did you program the phantom ext on the phone using program 99 + Button 72 for phantom ext.

Also you can not call from the phone you program with the phantom ext button that why you getting busy or invalid display.

Yes, the buttons were programmed properly. The problem was that the phones were logged out. The same extensions that had the phantom extensions on them were in a UCD group. When the phones are logged out, the phantom extension will not ring. Also, you are incorrect that you cannot press the phantom extension and have it call you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back