Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kx td 816(missing extensions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougsy

MIS
Mar 13, 2012
GB
Hello
I am having problems with the above panasonic.
A while ago there was a power cut to the system and it lost a lot of the extensions.
We managed to get it running again but its not been the same since as it kept losing exts.
We bought a new 282e card and an 8 port ext module and fitted them.
Now we have got more exts back but some still seem to be missing and its weired as now there are only 8 exts now working.
1,2,3,4 dead.
5,6,7,8 live.
9,10,11,12 dead.
13,14,15,16 live.
I have tried resets on the switch but still get the same results.
Any advice appreciated.

It is funny that 9,10,11,12 is dead if you replaced the module.

the regulator in the 1232/816, run 4 extensions, so if one is being dragged down it will take 4 with it. unplug the 4 ports and plug the cable one by one into the port with a phone on it (use port 5 to check cables 1-4.

If they still are down, better off getting a new system or second hand 816, where are you?

I have tried unplugging and re plugging in all ports etc.
When you say use port 5 to check the other extensions what exactly do you mean and how do you do it?
Oh and im in Glasgow, UK. Thanks

if port 5 is working, use the dk plug, from that port and plug in to ports 1,2,3,4 on the system, that way you know there is no problem with the cable.

Ok will try tomorrow but i dont think thats the problem as the sequence of live exts is not random.
I am more of a wiring person than a programmer so if thats the problem i should be able to fix that. Thanks

one extension of every 4 share reg, so it could drag down 4 ports

If it is not that, the system could be blown

One final question. Do you think the problem could be the isdn 2 line feeding the switch. Just trying to rule out a few things. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back