Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kx-TD 1232 unable to change Extn # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitechbuzz

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
NZ
Hi
I have just installed a digital 1232 with a 16 port extn card on the front I wanted to have consecutive extn numbering 117-133 but 17-1 -- to 32-1 are ok but all the -2 ports are 217 on and I can't change the numbers under 003 I have enabled the xtra ports Any ideas
Thanks

You need to change Flexible numbering Program Address No.100 {03--16 extention block}. System Program.
hope this will help you.

Hitechbuzz, you said that you have 2xx extensions on -2 ports and you wanted to change to 1xx right? I am assuming you are using the keyset to program this. If you use the Panasonic program, it tells you what the problem is ("Wrong Extension" or "Duplicate Number"). It sounds like a duplicate number issue. On the Panasonic KXTD-1232 the ports are always assigned to extension numbers whether or not you have 8EXT cards plugged in. I think it goes for the expansion cabinet too (which you dont have, but still counts). So your going to have to go into extension number programming and set ports 33 and above to something else. Here's where it gets tricky. There are only a few spare extensions you can use to set ports 33-64 to. (200,299,100,199, etc.) Use these spare extensions and change as many of the 33-64 extensions as you can, therby freeing up extensions to place in the 17-32 port range. Now you have freed up some 2xx extensions that you can go back and put in the 33-64 port range. Repeat the process until your done. I hope this works.

Thanks jonvine
That sounds right I spoke to a friend yesterday and he said much the same thing. I hope to do it tonight I had hoped to dial in to the system and get transferred and do it remotely but the program E1232b2 that I have on my laptop won't dial out for some reason so will have to go on site. Thanks
BTBZ
thanks I think I had covered that area but will keep it in mind when I have a go at it tonight.
Cheers

Thanks jonvine
It worked bit of a pain & fiddle. now to bring up the VPS100 as Auto Attnd
Cheers
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back