Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TA824 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Walsh

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2024
US
Hi, new member here.

I have a KX-TA824 that seems to have lost settings when I came back from out of town, or has another systemic problem on all consoles. I currently have live lines on CO1 and COC6, they both work with an analog phone connected so lines are fine, but they won't ring on any phone, and phones won't connect or do anything notable on CO1 or CO3 button press, which is how I had them programmed for the two physical lines I had, incoming into C01 and C06 physical connections.

Quick Q's:
1) What's easiest way to tell if system works, and if I can access C01 and C03 (my two outside lines that I've verified are fine with an analog phone to the lines coming into the KX-TA824 C01 and C03 ports).
2) What's best current tool to program it from a Windows PC, which version of the Maintenance console? Been many many years (like ~20) since I touched it, no longer have the PCs I would have used. I can't swear I didn't also just manually program from a phone.
3) I have no idea if I changed the default password, or what password would be. I used to take a lot of notes in Outlook Notes, which is no longer supported, and I probably did it from a work account (at Microsoft.com) that I no longer have access to.

Details:
It might have been somehow had programming reset, perhaps in a power outage that happened we had when I was out of town, when we had a lot of bad weather and multiple outages, or had some partial internal damage. It is connected as the only device through a small UPS.

System main LED lights up, I hear the normal soft relay clicking on powerup, I get power to all phones, display says voicemail full (correct!), but for all phones the CO buttons are nonresponsive, and LEDs don't light, though with CO connections seemingly no longer programmed, I'd only expect CO4 to light up, it's voicemail status I had on PF4, along with the message ringer led top right, which IS lighting. My programming was pretty simple - CO1 button was physical C01, CO3 was physical CO6, C04 LED was voicemail.

It's possible unit has faulted in some way, but it's clearly not totally dead. Perhaps some/all programming needs to be reset.

System is residential and I have 12 or 15 consoles on 2 outside lines. I installed it to replace a previous Panasonic PBX in 2002 or 2003 and haven't had to touch it since shortly thereafter, when I updated most of the stations to KX-T7737's. I can't even remember how I programmed it back then. Likely through whatever version of the Maintenance Console would have been around in 2002 or 2003, likely running on Windows XP.

Thanks!

Jim

This is a very basic unit.
I would simply reset and try to reprogram it.
It uses a Windows-Based MC. KX-TAConsole
I suspect a power surge could have tweaked it.

wanetelecoms@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back