Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-TA824 Need Help to Change Main Greeting Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntegrityTeks

Technical User
Apr 14, 2014
CA
A friend's business has a KX-TA824 system with an out-dated main greeting message. Even though they have the manual, they cannot figure out how to change the main greeting. I'd be extremely grateful if someone could provide step by step instructions on how to change this greeting. She has been able to change the personal greetings on the extensions but not the main one - correct me if I'm wrong - I think it's what's called the Auto Attendant.
I'm not proficient with Panasonic PBX phone systems, therefore am not sure if they're using a DISA or TVA system - please let me know the steps for change the message on either possibilities.

Thank you

I find my company in the same straights as your friend, with no one in my area willing to work on our dinosaur kx-ta 624 / tvs 50 setup. That being said, I'm to one that is trying to figure out how to get things set the way we want. On ours the tvs 50 controls the prompts, unfortunately it appears the easiest way to modify that system is by connecting it to a computer with a terminal emulator rather than programming through extension 101. However, while I have NOT performed the series of steps myself because we do not have our greetings down and I'm not proficient enough do direct someone on the fly, it appears the greeting can be changed from a local extension:

Appendix D from the TVS50 service manual:

1. Dial the Extension for voicemail.

2. Press [*] then enter the message manager extension 98, 998, 9998, 99998 (use the number with the same digits as the general extensions have, mine is 998

3. Type the password or set no password and it should get you to the following menu:

to transfer to general delivery press 1
to set up message waiting notification press 2
to customize mailbox press 3
st clock press 4
modify message press 5
set station forwarding press 6
end call press *

I took it pretty far down option 5, it appears there is where you may change the general greetings. Unfortunately there is no simple hierarchy of where the various options will take you. From this point, I would have them read Appendix D1 from the KX-TVS50 service manual. It should help them get their greetings straightened out. I downloaded a copy from a link somewhere on ablecomm.

Awesome! Thank for your reply - I will have them follow your instructions. Greatly appreciate it.

Have them sharpen a pencil to write down where the message system goes once they enter that "5" prompt. I think it is fairly precise on the menu structure, but that gal doesn't waste any time listing prompts; after the list is read three times, it will automatically disconnect.

I did a little further digging.

After prompt "5", the want prompt "4 - custom service menu"

They then choose service menu "1 - xx"; we only have two, the first for CO lines 1 & 2, the second for CO 3-6.

After they press the button for the particular service menu the custom greeting will be played, they then have the option to modify.

VERY IMPORTANT: they can go backward in the menu structure at any time by pressing "*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back