Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kx-ta1232 3way calling volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajohnso

ISP
Aug 8, 2003
US
I am having a problem were a call that includes two people on CO lines and an extension the two CO callers can not hear each other. I have to repeat everything the external caller says so the other external caller can hear what the questions/answers were. I can hear both parties fine and both parties can here me fine they just cant hear each other. I saw program 990 field 3 for CO volume but I cant tell if this will increase or lower the volume and -3 db doesn't seem like it would make much difference. Any suggestions? This happens on ALL conference calls with 1 internal and 2 external parties.

Hi DAJOHNSO,

The reason this occurs is because the line bridging loss is additive with analogue lines, especially if your lines are far from the CO. The solution is to add the 3-WAY Calling feature on your lines. Then, when you want to have a conference call with outside parties, you will use the FLASH/RECALL KEY button in order to hookflash the line to establish your conference call. This is the same type of hookflashing used with the Call Waiting feature.

Make sure you restore any program 990 bit settings you changed to their default values, thinking these had something to do with volume levels on the outside line(CO)ports (which they don't). Those program 990 bit settings referencing a 0dB and -3dB level have to do with tie trunking arrangements on the TD1232 using DS1 circuits. Nothing else!

Let us know if this solves your problem...

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back