Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kx-t336 basics and how to programm it 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcentar

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
YU
I have system reference manual for kx-t336 but i`m not familiar with ways to program it. If someone can tell me where and what i need i would be gratefull.

a weeks worth of training and hyperterminal if it is a rev 1
if it is a later version you will need the programing
utility and if you are not a certified dealer you are SOL!!

update Sorry all programing is done from
vt100 or you can purchse programator it is supposed to work on the 336 as well but I don't think i'dd trust it
and if you have a decade you can download dox @ and read them

i`v been on the site yesterday and there`s some kind of terminal program on one machine. As I sad earlier I have the manual and i`l try to understand the command sintax.
Any way thanks for all your help cwc3!

are you working on this or is it your own switch?
you could upgrade the cpu and make it a td-500
and the 500 is alot easier to admin than the 336 was!

It`s not my switch, and if the customer wants to upgrade it my sugestion will be MD110. Present switch has 100 extensions and few public lines. Anyway thanks for your help!

if you are not a certifed panasonic dealer that may be
the way to go although a majority of the cards that
are in the that machine are forward compatible to a td-500
Also IMHO the KX-TDA 100/200 is better than the MD

Digital handsets used on the 336 are compatable with the TDA systems changing to an MD would cost a lot more than staying with the panasonic gear , also I agree with cwc3 the TDA is MUCH better than tha MD to use as well as program

I agree that IPBX 100/200 is a very good switch, but I work for Ericsson dealer. Also when I compare the price for MD and 100/200 (same configuration) there is not mutch difference.

are you forgetting the cost of replacing the handsets

I didn`t forgett handsets but you are right, that builds up the total price for whole system upgrade. Anyway if customer has the money, that`s not a problem for them. I don`t now exactly how much hybrid or digital handsets there are on site. I`m asuming no more than 16.

Yes, i think there`s only one board for hybrid phones and the rest are all SLT boards. They even use 7030 as central answering position (operater).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back