Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-T1232 and 7230 sets over 1000'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jncomm

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
US
I have several 7230 sets in various buildings approx 1000' fromthe KSU fed on 100pr 22awg. After sevre weather, the phones are not functioning normal, ie: can't release co line, no intercom, ect. A craft set on the jack works fine, and the phone and port function well at the ksu. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does Panasonic have a "Long-Line" station card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nope, no digital port extenders. Disconnect the data pair from the KSU and short out (on the station side of course) the pair leading off to the set.

Go to the far end with your VOM and measure the loop resistance on that pair. It it's less than 40 ohms, the set should work. Over 40 ohms and it's not officially supported.

Personally, I have had success running 7433 and 7436 sets on unbroken-unspliced 24AWG category5 cables as far away as 1400 feet. This defies all technical data from Panasonic, but I have done it in several places and the sets don't crash.

Good luck!

Pat MacKinnon
Omni telecommunications Inc.,
London, Ontario, Canada
omnitel-ca

I dont think it has anything to do with the distance

I have lost quite a few ports after lightning storms becouse the customer declined to add secondary protection he felt that the primary gas tubes would be protection enough
after one storm and we lost half the phones in the outbuilding we installed secondary protection and have had no losses since

what you will probably find is that the first (analog )pair still functions fine its the digital pair thats gone so you can use these ports for single line sets

check out this thread

thread936-646709

I plan to try replacing one of the station modules and see if it will bring the stations back I just havent gotten to it yet

it would be a good idea to transfer all the out of building extensions off the base cabinet to one of the modules

oops just re read your post I missed the part about the phone and port functioning at the ksu

do you have gas tube protection where it leves and enters the buildings ? (if not you really should) if so the modules may be bad

if not then its a problem with the second pair . have you tried swapping it to spare pairs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back