Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-NS500 SIP Phone and SLT Phone ring in Parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Kolbe

Technical User
Oct 21, 2017
ZA
Hi All
I have a KX-NS500 With Version 9 Firmware.

I am migrating over from their existing Analog phones to IP Phones. Specifically a bunch of 2nd Hand Yealink SIP-T20P phones.

Their one existing SLT (Analog) phone extension (Extension 144) had a phone outside the Factory, and it had an Amplified Ringer / Sounder inside the factory, as it is very noisy in there. They were both in parallel on Extension 144.

Now that I am migrating them to IP Phones, I am trying to get it working so that the Ringer will still work when the IP Phone is ringing.
I changed Extension 144 to be the SIP Phone, and that SLT port I numbered Extension 244.

From any other phone, if I call 144, the IP Phone Rings. If I call 244, then the Ampified Ringer rings. So those extensions are working fine.

I tried what was shown in the Manual (1.9.12 Using your PS or S-PS in Parallel with a Wired Telephone), so on the IP Phone, I pick up the handset, press *48 1 244 and hang up. But if I remember correctly the IP Phone said that the feature was not available or something. And when I tried calling 144, then only the IP Phone Rings.

Can it be done where the IP Phone Extension and Existing SLT extension ring at the same time? If so, what am I doing wrong.

Another option would be a SIP ATA to run the Amplified Ringer, but then how would I set up that PABX so that both SIP extensions (the IP Phone and the ATA) will ring at the same time.

Thanks
Peter

Setup wireless xdp for Ext 144 and in the options put in 244 so when 144 rings, so will 244

Extension --> Wired Extension --> Extension Settings --> OPTION 1 --> Wireless XDP/Shared Extension

Calum M
ACSS

Thanks Calum.
I have remotely made the change. I will check with them on Monday if it is right now.

Regards
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back