Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KX-HTS32 INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiteltlc

Technical User
Apr 19, 2005
IT
Hi,
Anybody here for sharing info and tips about KX-HTS32 pbx please ??

Thanks for sharing, very appreciated.

A question about networking:
it seems Lan is not intended to have a default gateway (but only on Wan instead) : when I connect pbx and all ip phones to existing company switch/router , how can I route packets through company router using VoIP isp ??

Thanks

digiteltlc,

setup your wan with IP existing router.
example existing router ip 192.168.0.1/24 so u must set WAN HTS ip 192.168.0.XXX gateway 192.168.0.1, then your LAN setup diferent segment ip 192.168.5.XX.

PC------LAN HTS-----WAN HTS-----Existing Router

set your pc connected to lan HTS
IP PC = 192.168.5.XXX
Subnet= 255.255.255.0
gateway= 192.168.5.101 (your LAN HTS IP)

so u can ping to 192.168.0.1

Thanks Rhiuz,

That was already done during our tests

The goal ( or lack of , for now ) is to have a single IP interface where all reside (pbx, ip-phones PCs etc)

Yes it is simple to made HTS acting as a router but unwanted , at least by my side.

I was trying something easier/immediate and less intrusive on existing customer scenario (as all other IP-PBX do).

After all....it is a pseudo-proprietary asterisk PBX and you could do almost everything with native asterisk project...

Maybe in a future release ???

digeteltlc,

HTS series just for SOHO project, i think u can suggest KX-NS series because HTS just 2 countcurrent SIP MRG.

so KX- NS1000 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back