Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KVM needed to switch between mac and Pc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2006
US
anybody have a tried and true kvm I can use between a mac and pc. Looking for a 4 port kvm.

Thanks

I've used the Belkin Omni View SE 4 port KVM for years now and haven't had a bit of trouble. I have two Macs on it, one running OS 9, one running OS X and two Windows PCs on it. No problems.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

I used a TrippLite 4 port KVM for a few years. At one time, it was mixed w/ Windows, Linux, OS X, and OS 9 boxes. The newer Macs I just used a PS/2 to USB adapter. Never any problems w/ it.

Right now I'm using an Apex outlook KVM. Running Win, Linux, and OS X boxes. It has some twitches w/ the mouse once in awhile.......

Cordless mice get flying across the screen in Linux. I found it best to use a corded mouse.

Once in awhile the mouse hangs in OS X; just switch to another box, wait a sec and switch back. Make sure it is fully switched to the system before you move the mouse and it all works fine again. Usually happens when I'm switching between systems too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back