Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ks td 123211d tvs 200 transfer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip555

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
I have a customer with a kxt 123211d rel 3 with a tvs 200 voice mail

its a small company so we just have the extensions set up on a custom call greeting for, sam pres 1, for bill press 2, for beth press 3 ect.
what is happening is on a couple of the selections occasinally it dosnt ring the extesnsion , dosnt transfer to the voice mailbox but loops back to the custom call greeting.

when this happens I can call back in make the same selection and it will work correctly

I have tried each port and it dosnt seem to be specfic to the port.

it is a intermittent thing which is making it hard to troubleshoot since it will happen once and then not again for 20 or so calls .

anything I should be looking for ?

I can't answer your question without more info.

However, the first thing I do is connect a butt-set to the VM port and listen to the transfer sequence. If it works sometimes and not others, it may be a timing issue with the inband digits. Changing the extension transfer sequence may be the solution. I like to use blind transfers and the call forward no answer feature (see my FAQ on this).

mr peabody

I've been working this for the last three days and here is the scenario

kxt 1232 11d analog with tvs 200 6 port vm. new install VM is panasonic factory refurb.

checked the release and the 1232 is vm compaitable

its split between two companys company A has 3 co lines that ring to ports 1 and two

using company greeting 1 and ccr 1

company b has 8 co lines that ring to ports 5,6 9, 10

using company greeting 2 ccr 2

company A everything seems fine

ccr menu is set for extension transfer : for bill press one for sam press two for sally press 3 ect .

problem is the same weather I press one for bill or dial his ext number 117

it happens on all selections and on all ports

company B probably 40% of the time when I make a selection in the ccr menu it will not ring the phone but take me back to the ccr menu (skipping the company greeting) after a short period of music on hold IF I then press the same selection on the CCR menu it will work as it should ..ring the extension and then take me to the mailbox .

seems to do the same thing if the extesnsion is busy or if its idle

I called pansonic kxt tech support the guy monday suggested defualting the VM so I did re programed re-recorded the prompts ect it did same thing

I was on with panasonic yesterday for over a hour , he was calling in and trying it going through the programing and making varios suggestions
nothing worked he thought it might be related to the kxt1232 so I went in this morning defualted it using program 99 re programed and same problem

the only difrence I can see between the programing on the two is that company b we have gone into each mailbox and turned off operator transfer and return to top menu transfer and disabled the "sorry the party you are trying to reach is not available " prompt

I do have another VM coming should be here tomorrow but Im not convinced that it will solve my problem

the pansonic rep had me change the transfer from fx to fxd and no change

any thoughts greatly appreciated

When you make a selection from the menu, does it instantaneously send you to back to the menu, or does it try to transfer you? If it tries to transfer you, connect a butt-set to the VM port and listen to see what's going on. It does sound like the voicemail is bad, though, especially if there isn't a delay.

I'm sure that you have it integrated correctly, if you have talked extensively with Panasonic. They have a punch-list of integration steps that they have and can fax to you. Many of the steps, if done incorrectly, will cause the system to malfunction (Ex: you must enable inband signalling for each extension in order to send the #6 + mailbox number when a forward happens). I have my own list of steps that I created after much fiddling and customer feedback, you may wish to create the same after this job.

I replaced the vm today ..same problem

called panasonic again turns out if you use port 31,32, as vm ports it can cause problems with this ksu

I was using 28,29 30 ,31 so I changed 30 and 31 to 10 and 23 (lunch room and confrence room ) and the problem seems to have gone away.

off course he mentioned this after my 4th call to panasonic in 5 days and after I defaulted and rebuilt the vm and then replaced the vm..:-(

Try program wait for second digit time to 3 sec. {Custom Service Systyem Administration Meus.

btbz

Try program wait for second digit time to 3 sec. {Custom Service Systyem Administration Meus

tried that tried it a 5 seconds to but that wouldnt make any diffrence using the menu selection that was programed for extn transfer

changing the vm ports did solve the problem

Im just a little irked that ir took 4 calls to panasonic tech support before he came up with "by the way there is a issue using ports 31 and 32 as vm ports on that particular system "

however I am gratefull he finally did mention it

Well, I guess I'll add this to my notes so that I don't have to call Panasonic 4 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back