Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KiXtart Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charanb

MIS
Oct 2, 2002
US
Hello group:
i need some help on copy command .

i need to copy a file from users local hard drive to users home folder on a network.
the network drive as follows
\\servername\users
Client is NT v4 workstations
is it possible to do in kixtart during user login to pc
thanks in advanced

You can use kixtart as a logon script. Just use the copy command in it. If the only thing in the logon script is a simple copy procedure, then I doubt you'll need kixtart to do it. Just use a batch file.
For future reference check out They've got a manual for download giving all commands and such. They also have a pretty nice forum for more complex questions. ________________________________________
Check out

thanks for your quick answer.
if u know top of your head the syntext to run .cmd file
from kixtart file.
this will greatly help & cut my time
thanks

From kixtart.org....

COPY
Copies one or more files.
COPY "source" "destination" [/h]
Wildcards are supported.
If a file already exists at the destination, it is overwritten without warning.
The /h option can be used to include files with the hidden or system attribute set in the copy.
(This is the same syntax used in DOS btw)

Are you familiar with how to run kix in a logon script? If not I highly suggest you do some reading at kixtart.org.

Again though, if all you need to do is a copy a file via logon script, then just use a batch file. If you want to use kix though then it'll be a nice learning experience.
[thumbsup2] ________________________________________
Check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back