Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keywords description and title help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchblade47

Technical User
Sep 15, 2007
GB
Hi I have just built my website in dreamweaver now dont laugh it has taken me nearly a year

I can see how to add in keywords and descriptions and the page title no problem. And I know why you have to do it

I have been searching the net for 7 long hours found loads of sites telling me why to do it and what buttons to press etc to enter the words but nothing about the following can anyone help

KEYWORDS
1. keywords how many? been told too many will do the opposite?
2.Do you add key words on each page or just index page?
3.If each page do you change the key words on each page or use the same ones?
4.Do the key words have to be on the page in content?Ie if you have a gallery page with little words can you still put keywords in?

DESCRIPTION
1.The description again how long?
2.Is it for each page?
3.Do you use same words as keywords?

TITLE
1.again how long?
looking at most peoples titles on websites it seems to be company name or website name-index
company name- contact
company-gallery etc

2.Is that correct is that how your suppose to do it or have better description words about the site rather than the page?

keywords;
use as many or as few as needed. Use the words that indicate what the PAGE is about.
for point 4 the meta KW element is one place you can put mis-spellings and synonyms.

Description:
1 or 2 short sentences that describe the page it is on
3 No, though you should include the main phrase for the page.

Title: The title element is NOT meta information.
Again, as long or as short as you need, your main keyphrases should appear in the tile within the first 10 or 12 words
2: Not best use of the most important item for on-page SEO at all

forum828
HR tips for new SEOs

Be very careful what you read about SEO, the garbage outweighs the accurate by 20:1 at least.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Thanks Chris
I read on a forum that not to put loads and loads of keywords as the search engines will ignore you if you do and it can have the reverse effect. I thought there was a limit?
Sorry everyone seems to give different info so im a bit lost . Thanks

The major SEs pretty much ignore the meta keywords content regardless of how many words are in it.

Trouble with reading about SEO on the Internet is there are too many clueless "experts" wanting to make it more difficult than it appears, just so you might just feel the need to lighten your wallet in their direction.

Take a little more notice of the ones who have no axe to grind and are not trying to promote their "services". But generally, "Trust No One" is a rule to live by and test everything before you accept it as a proven.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back