Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyword Expansion in VSS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
SE
I have a problem, i have enabled Keyword Expansion and I want VSS to add the symbol ; before every line that VSS adds.
So in the box where you add what files Keyword Expansions should work I have added: *.dat = "; "
But when I check in my .dat file there are no ; before the lines.
Since I use $History: $ I need the comment symbol before those lines.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

/Andreas

You need to edit the SrcSafe.ini file where the database is installed. Add a section to it as follows:

[Keyword Comments]
*.dat = "; "

You need to have the section heading so that your defined comment character is used correctly. I had to do this for Fortran file commenting and it works perfectly.

I also had to restart the VSS client for the [Keyword Comments] SRCSAFE.INI value to take effect.

VroomVroom...

I may be a little late, but this is what we have in our "srcsafe.ini" and it works well:

;----------------------------------------------
;KEEP ALL COMMANDS ABOVE THIS LINE EXCEPT KEYWORD EXPANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!
; Keyword Expansion for automated insertion of information during check in of source code.

Keyword_Masks = *.java, *.pl, *.pm, *.sh, *.sql, *.bat, *.html, *.htm, *.c, *.h, *.properties, *.cfg
Expand_Keywords_Locally = YES

[Keyword Comments]
*.pl="# "
*.pm="# "
*.sh="# "
*.sql="-- "
*.properties="# "
*.cfg="# "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor