Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keystrokes to Mark an Email High Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

annacady

MIS
Oct 22, 2001
US
I have a blind user who relies completely on keystrokes. She has been requested to start using the "Priority" feature by her supervisor. I have checked the Novell site and other sites but have not found a simple keystroke solution.

I have developed a cumbersome method but was hoping for something smoother to show her. One of my frustrations is that when I get to the "Send Options" tab you should be able to use Alt H as the H in High Priority is underlined, but no, it brings up Help as both are activated by Alt H depending on where you are in the diaglogue box.

Here is what I have so far, can anyone simplify it (especially the Tab 8 times)?
In the body of the email:
Shift Tab 3 times to get to the tabs.
Right Arrow Key to get to "Send Options" tab.
Tab 4 times to get far enough into the dialogue box so you can bypass Help.
Alt H to get to High Priority.
Tab 8 times to get back to the tabs again.
Left arrow to the "Mail" tab so can spell check and send.

Sorry, immediately on posting I remembered I forgot to say I am working in GW 6.5.7

Why don't you just set the default option to use a high priority every time and never worry about it..

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

She has set a high standard for herself and she would not send all all emails as high priority. Her supervisor has requested that she send certain emails as high priority. So I am looking for a quick way to mark those emails as high priority using keystrokes.

Probably ought to post on the Novell GroupWise forum and hopefully catch the eye of one of the developers.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Thanks for that tip. I talked to her this morning and she is using that cumbersome method I figured out so we do have a workaround.

How about trying a macro recorder to automate the tedious keystrokes until you can find a more permenant solution?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back