Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keycaptor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufus1111

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2003
GB
Has anyone come across keycaptor before?
This program has appeared on a few machines across our network. I understand that the program has the ability to send emails to a person specified in the installation.
We need to find out who has been doing this, therefore need to somehow pluck the email address out of the program.
Anyone out there know if this is possible?

This was taken from a google search. I suggest that you review your network security immediately as someone may be trying to capture such things as passwords!!

"KeyCaptor is your solution for recording ALL keystrokes of ALL users on your computer! Now you have the power to record emails, websites, documents, chats, instant messages, usernames, passwords, and MUCH MORE!"

which was why i was asking the question...

Solution:
found a file called kcopts.dat in a fairly random directory (found by searching for files by date and matching the install date) it is openable in notepad and contains the relevant info (how and who the keylogs are being sent to)

rufus just for the sake of curiosity, if you can give out this info are the keylogs being sent to a known party or an unidentified one? In other words was it a random script kiddie or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back