Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapphire125

Technical User
Aug 12, 2001
GB
Hi
Does anybody know how to make a PC boot without having a keyboard attached, I was thinking there might be a way using a PS2 plug wired as a dummy but cannot find any information about this.

I would like to be able to run a PC without a keyboard and mouse (to save space) and use software to connect to it and use it.

Donald

The reason for the problem is that BIOS sends a query to the keyboard to find out what kind is attached.
You could probably do the world a favor and build a microprocessor based plug in replacement. Yours is not the first request.
Or you could decompile the BIOS and recompile and burn one without the keyboard check. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Hi,

Go to your BIOS settings. There is usually a setting for HALTING when the computer finds a problem.

In some (if not all) this can be set to ALWAYS, NEVER or some other condition.

Set this to never and you should be able to boot without a Keyboard.

Any Help, Yes/No let me know

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back