Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keyboard troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

orisons

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
CA
I have a packard bell easy one laptop I purchased second hand the only problem I have with it is the delete key is acting as a home key I have tried to source a keyboard mapper (free) but aint had any luck the system uses windows me any help would be appriciated

Does it operate in that manner whether in Windows or DOS mode?

Check \Control Panel\Keyboard to make sure the correct keyboard type is set - a 102 key mapping will indeed make some keys act funny if it is applied to a 83 key keyboard.

Try alternate settings if you wish. Your mileage may vary...

Also check to esure that the device does not have a "HOT KEY" activated that would allow number pad use from the normal keyboard. If activated (Sometimes a CTRL + F Key or ALT + F Key) certain keys on the laptop will not behave as expected. Most laptops have a small light...or symbol...similar to the Caps Lock notification that will indicate hot key in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back