Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard Shortcuts Suddenly Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deegan03

Technical User
Jun 19, 2006
US
Occasionally when working in photoshop, my keyboard shortcuts will suddenly start functioning in new ways or not at all. When this happens, most of the keys on my keyboard including my tool shortcuts will do nothing (I can't even edit text, though I can select it with my cursor). Other keys will take on new functions (brackets move layers up and down rather than changing brush size, CTRL+D sets feathering for selection area rather than deselecting, etc.) Sometimes, after working with just my mouse for a while, I'll find that the functionality has returned to normal. If this doesn't work, restarting the program seems to always solve the problem. However, this is rather annoying when working with large files that take a while to save/load. I've had this problem on two different computers in two different offices, so I have to assume it's something I'm accidentally doing, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing and how to undo/fix it? Thanks for your help.

I'm not using a wireless mouse or keyboard and it's definately not Caps Lock. I can't even type in text when it happens. I can select the text tool with my mouse (the T shortcut doesn't work), select the text, but when I type nothing happens.

Are you using a laptop? If not I would re-install the program and see what happens, if it continues to happen afterwork then that tell you it isn't the program, may be computer issue, or if you are using a keylogger, or if your parents are that can have an affect. if you are using a laptop do not hit the [FN] Button DUMMY! lol.. hope this helps. if no let us know

Brent Serio
Just Born Designs
Email: brentaserio@cox.net
Aim: CsCheerios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back