Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard shortcut help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacksack

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
CA
Good day everyone and Happy New Year!

I just downloaded the trial version of CS and I love everything about it. However I'm having a significant problem which I cant figure out. The keyboard shortcuts are not working in Photoshop they are however working in image ready. All the short cuts are set up as default under edit keyboard shortcuts. Nothing works at all, like ctrl + D to deselect or ctrl + z to undo nothing at all. ITs very anoying to use the menu bar up top to do everything like deselect. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Brad

Buy a legal version.... that is a known issue with cracked copies of CS.

The only other cause would be crappy drivers if you have a wireless keyboard, in which case you would download the latest drivers.

But the primary cause is pirated copies.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Just to let everyone know

A: I do have a legal copy of CS
B: I formatted my system because I was having all sorts of issues. After reinstalling all programs I no longer have any issues with keyboard shortcuts!

Thanks for your help

The fact that reinstalling solves the problem, implies that there might be more solutions to this problem...
My shortcuts are working fine, but I seem not to be able to change them (when I enter a shortcut in shortcut dialog box (i.e. I want to use DEL as a shortcut for clear) nothing appears.)
I can't also change an existing one and I also have a legal version and I really don't feel for reïnstalling everything ...
Maybe reïnstalling the appropriate dll would fix the problem, but which ones are related to this ?

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Murphy's Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back