Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard problem in XenApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwigh

Technical User
May 27, 2002
SE
I have for along time used Citrix Clients for connecting to a Citrix server. This has worked well in both Windows and Linux. Ubuntu has been my primary OS for over a year.

When Kubuntu 8.10 where released some time ago I tried it and decided to use it as my primary OS. As there is no 64-bit version for Linux yet I run the Windows XenApp Plugin for Hosted Apps 11.0 in Wine emulator accesed with Firefox for windows.

In many ways the XenApps is better than any other way i access the Citrix server. First of all cut and paste between Server and my own Clipbook works. As my DSL-connection sometimes gets out of sync I lost contact with the server and had to make a new connection and lost work that hasn't been saved. Now it only freeze for some seconds.

The problem is that I get a standard US-keyboard in the client. Not so funny when i have a swedish one. I have tried to edit the KeyboardLayout line in WFCLIENT.INI to what I think is valid entries.
Swedish or Server Default or User Profile

No differences.

I have no problem with the keyboard layout in other applications I run with Wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back