Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard merge codes in Word like in WordPerfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syl93

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I am attempting to convert some WordPerfect files to Word. Pretty straight forward except that the WP files have keyboard merge codes in them. When you run a merge, the keyboard merge command pauses the execution of the merge to allow the user to enter data from the keyboard at specific places in the document. Does Word have anything similar to this? If not, any ideas on how I could accomplish the same thing with a macro?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi!

Word uses field codes instead of merge codes. You can use these field codes through Insert, Field. Choosing All in the left pane will show you all field codes you can use. Clicking on each field describes at the bottom what each field does and options associated with the field. The example you mention would use ask field for the user input etc.

Here is a link for WP to Word2K migration guide.

HTH

Indu I will stop procrastinating tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back