Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hello,
I need to have a program running, and whenever a user presses a key on the keyboard, I need to process that keystroke and depending on what it was, have a function execute.

Does anyone know how to do this.

Thanks

Look at thread206-216062 . James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

What about the Keypress, Keydown and keyUp event handlers.
we are in the borland builder forum aren't we. I dont know for sure since I have only been using builder for a couple of years butt I would think that most of the objects that can be placed on the form including the form itself has these three event handlers. If I do recall I think there are some things called virtual key codes that are just defines for a constant that you will compare in the above event handlers.. some meandering through your help files will give you any additional answers.

butthead,
[tab]You're right. I've been so caught up answering standard C++ questions, I'd forgotten where I was.

James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back