Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keyboard disabled on DSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSDavis

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hello to everyone. Hoping someone can help me with a problem I’m having regarding a DSS unit. It is running NT4 Workstation SP6. Recently I sent it out to a remote customer’s site and accessed it remotely from my desk using remote desktop software. Everything worked fine and we resolved the customer’s issue so they sent the DSS back to me. I now need to reconfigure the DSS’ IP address so that it can be reused at a different remote customer location. I connected a monitor, keyboard and mouse to it like I always do but this time whenever the DSS boots up, it gets as far as the windows logon screen (Press CNTL, ALT & DEL to login) and at that point it disables the keyboard so that you can’t login. The keyboard works prior to Windows booting and the green LED is lit until I get the Windows logo screen. We do have a software support contract with Network General and at their request I went into the bios and reset everything back to the default, but it still didn’t work. They are now sending me out a CD to reimage the machine but I was hoping someone here had experienced the same problem and knew of a quicker workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back