Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Key System Mode with an Essential license 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

testman1

Vendor
Oct 7, 2007
US
This is the first time I am setting up an IPO in Key System Mode. Can I setup the IPO in Key System Mode with an Essential license? Is there any reason to?
Thanks.

Yes. and Yes. There is more flexibility for programming (hunt groups especially) with essential edition. If you do choose essential mode, then put your lines on buttons 1,2,3 etc (depending upon how many lines) and then put your call appearance buttons after that so the users will auto grab an outside line for dialing out.

Thanks, I have done that with Essential mode. With Basic mode I have the ability to use ALS to program what buttons are picked when you go off hook. Do you know if Essential Edition has that ALS ability?

Thanks.

It doesn't work the same. You need to move the line buttons so they appear before the CA buttons or else it defaults to the CA buttons. That is the only benefit of basic mode versus using essential in my opinion.

No no no.

IP Office Basic Edition is Avaya's best (poor) effort to make an IP Office behave like a key system.

IP Office Essential Edition is IP Office behaving like the modern non-electromechanical system that it really is.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back