Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Key DELREC Trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01918." 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
May 8, 2000
US
I had one user try to log in to the Production Database with
her username and password, however, we got this message:"ORA-01017: Invalid username/password; logon
denied." We were pretty sure that we had the correct account information,
but I figured that I would just delete her old account and re-add her as a
new user with a new password just to make sure. When I logged on with my
Administrator Account and tried to delete her record, I received the
following error message, " 40735: Key DELREC Trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01918."
Can anyone help me, please specially for the second message. Thank you

The ORA-1918 error is a "user does not exist" error. You might have to log in using the SYS or SYSTEM account (or CONNECT INTERNAL) in order to view the dba_users table and see what's going on.

The only reference I can find to an error 40735 is in Oracle forms. Is that what you are using?

It appears that you are entering the wrong user id, even though you are "pretty sure" that you have the right account information. That is the reason she is getting the ORA-01017. This error is most common when users forget their passwords, but in this case it seems to be the id that's incorrect, not the password.

An incorrect id also explains the second error. The administrator can't delete and re-add the id because the id doesn't exist.

As Carp suggests, you should query dba_users to find out what ids exist on your system. Perhaps it's a simple typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back