Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kerning in Director 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm working on a text-heavy multimedia presentation in Director 7 and the kerning is coming out weird.  Uneven spaces are developing between some letters while other letters are run together.  I've tried messing with the settings inside of the text cast members properties box with no luck.  What am I doing wrong?

Text and flash or director just dont seem to agree. I have tried to get better looking text out of them and they both seem to make text look splotchy or fuzzy and even un focused. There are a couple of things you can do. 1, change your text to something more director friendly. or 2, create you text in another program then import it into director. <p>Todd Norris<br><a href=mailto:Todd.Norris@home.com>Todd.Norris@home.com</a><br><a href= Personal Profile 2000</a><br>Hope this helps !

I have found that importing the font can cause problems with how fonts are displayed, especially on the PC. Try it without an imported font if you are useing one.

Does it happen with every font and font style? Some fonts seem to be more troublesome than others.

I have successfully used text in some projects but never managed to get it 100% accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back