Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kernel32.dll problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirlthewhirl

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2003
Hi,

I have tried everything to look for answers to my problem. Hope someone may be able to help me.

Frequently I receive this message on screen. "Iexplore has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL If this continues please re-start machine".
However, what I am doing at the time does not seem to be affected. I have of-course closed down and re-started. (I do not mean just re-boot). It is still happening.
I am doing on on-line course at the moment and I am so afraid that the computer may go down altogether. I am using Windows ME OS.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP!!

Many thanks,
Shirl

When the computer is gives you this error message are there any numbers along with the message, such as memory ranges etc.

example 0x0000000 etc?

---------------
Johnodq
---------------
Please let me know if the advice I give is of help.
Feedback will benefit all

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Hi,

No the exact message is as I typed. No error messages num bers.

Many thanks for your speedy reply.

Shirl

You could try this link

---------------
Johnodq
---------------
Please let me know if the advice I give is of help.
Feedback will benefit all

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

i have that prob. in os win98se!
what to do?

"do not ignor injustice","why?"

Hi All,

Thanks all for trying to help with the above. I am working my way through all suggestions. So far I have tried to repair and re-install. No luck so far.

I am very very grateful for everyone's attention. Will reply again after trying other suggestions.

Shirl

I had the same error message not too long ago. I got it after quarrintining a virus (which in effect, quarrintined the files the virus was in). Even after my virus software fixed the virus, it left the files unavailable. These files were needed to access the Internet Explorer, and thus I could not get online.

In case yours is the same, what I had to do was to reload Windows ME by using my Compaq Quick Restore cdr. This reformatted my hard drive & reinstalled Windows ME to original factory condition. Doing this restored the files I needed.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks to everyone for your help. Having look through all the help you sent me I think I have solved the problem.
In one of the site addres you sent me it suggested that this could be a parasite. I already had Adware installed and run it all the time. However, it gave no indication at all other than cookies. At this point in steps System Mechanic and finds: DyFuca an error page hijacker at Internet-hijacker.com. Having deleted this 4 hours ago and worked on the internet ever since - the erro has disappeared.
Great Whoopee for everyone who helped me and of-course System Mechanic Spy removal.
I hope I have explained this in a way others will understand. Also by investing all the things you pointed in my direction to help me, means I have learnt alot of other things I did not know.
Many thanks again.
Shirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back