Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kernel32.dll documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertus

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
RO
Does anybody have some cool documentation on kernel32.dll or at least a link or some... ?

Hey!

What kinda documentation do you want? What info are you looking for? Clayton T. Paige
cpaige@home.com
Clayton T. Paige

Programmer Extraordinaire

========================================================

"Who is General Failure? and Why is he reading my disk drive?"

I want to know what kind of arguments does any function receive and what it returns

I'm not aware of a document that gives you all that info, but what you can do is the use the progrm called Depend that is supplied with Visual C++. Just open Kernel32.dll with Depend and it will list all the functions present in the file. You can then do a search on all the headers in C++ for those functions. It should show you what the function arugments are.

Good luck! Clayton T. Paige
cpaige@home.com
Clayton T. Paige

Programmer Extraordinaire

========================================================

"Who is General Failure? and Why is he reading my disk drive?"

Good heavens, now I've heard everything. You have VC++? (This is the VC++ Forum, yeah?) You have MSDN? (It's, you know, delivered with VC++, unless you have the learning edition, in which case better buy the real thing). Select SDK Windows Base Services and enter kernel32 as search argument. You'll get a list of every documented function in the module with parameters, return values, header info and a lot of other information, that's sort of what MSDN is for. I mean, what kind of people advise here in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back