Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kepping up to date with Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello gentlemen and ladies,
We are in the initial phases of rolling out a WSUS server. After the latest wave of ransomware attacks, our head of dept wants to make sure we are keeping all systems up to date with the latest updates. Instead of either auto allowing the machines to update or relying on a manual method by one of our lower tier IT professionals, we are hoping to simplify this with the WSUS server. So far the install and initial roll out are going smoothly but something still weighs on my mind. I would love to know if you guys have any site/forum/kb that tries to keep up to date with the latest Windows Updates and document any potential issues with any of them. I know of a ton of different forums, like this one, that deal with the after the fact Update went wrong cleanup but was hoping there were one or two reputable ones that tried to track the newest updates rolling out and see how they reacted. I do have a test group set up for our desktops and servers that I can run the updates against first to make sure nothing blows up but that is rather time consuming for some of the smaller, seemingly benign updates. Was just wanting to pick your guy's brains once more hoping that a forum or site existed that I was unaware of. My Google-fo has left me high and dry on this search.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back