Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeps trying to backup its D drive on W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asandir

MIS
Feb 6, 2001
GB
I have a very annoying problem with a Windows 2000 server being backed up using Legato.

It keeps attempting to backup its D drive :

* tw_nt_civic2.sccintranet:D:\ 1 retry attempted
tw_nt_civic2.sccintranet:D:\: No full backups of this save set were found in the media database; performing a full backup

Has anyone encountered anything like this ??

It may be something to do with this message :

* tw_nt_civic1.sccintranet:REGISTRY:\ save: save of connecting directories failed

I have never encountered this before and after an exhaustive search, I cannot find any reference to a fix anywhere on the web.

Has anyone got any ideas ??

This sounds like a corrupted media database. NetWorker looks at the media database to see if a saveset (in your case d: drive) has been backed up before.

This is easy to prove. Stop NetWorker on the backup server. In the nsr directory, rename index to index.old, and mm to mm.old. Make a copyof the res directory. Then restart NetWorker, and run a couple of backups of your client and see if the problem reoccurs.

Windows 2000 doesn't have a REGISTRY saveset, so where is it getting this from, check that all instances of the client which is giving you the error has the correct saveset field entries.

let me know Regards
KeefB

[lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back