Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keeps blinking but no IP detected 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gergerdotcom

Technical User
Feb 22, 2019
PH
hello all again [smile]

lb-link_bl-s515_zpsx8pbtijx.png

lb-link_bl-s515_ii_zpsvwsimlwy.png

i guess last 2-weeks ago, i posted here about the POE device i planned to purchase but decided to bought another brean of hub after a thorough analyzation [bigears]

and i just purchase LB-Link BL-S515 5 Ports 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch Hub (not really the one i intended to buy, just decided to choose these one in the last minute because of price consideration also).

upon using the device, the leds blink (port 1) which i understand detects a data from the source. then i connect a patch cord from the hub (port 2) to my PC in which the leds also blinks and the PC ethernet port blinks also which is a good sign that it gets data from the hub (am i right? .. hope so).

however, when i run ipconfig from an Administrator-mode command prompt, it didn't get any IP address [sad]

now, i'm just wondering if i did something wrong in which it didn't goes well as planned? like perhaps did i miss any protocols considering it's only a plug-and-play device that even the manual says the patch cord used doesn't requires to be straight or cross cable as it's auto-detects.

please help [ponder]

Hi,
Try a reset of the PC if not already done.

Information on the IP Switch is here:

That IP Switch does not seem to be a PoE switch, however of course you do not need it
to be a PoE switch for to connect up a PC.

A PoE would be for CCTV or IP Phones.

At the end of that link there are shortcuts to
Configuration Tools
Driver Software
Software Updates
and
Product Manuals

hi @sbcsu [wavey2]

may i know how to reset a PC? ... perhaps if it's a Win 10 Pro that i observed it has a Reset-option but i'm using Win 7 Ultimate OS in which formating it for sure requires a lot of effort considering of the programs currently installed and files on the PC [pc3]

actually, if i direct the patch cord connection from our cubicle I/O port to the PC Ethernet port, everything is okay. only when i redirect the connection using the LB-Link BL-S515 5 Ports 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch Hub that led lights keeps blinking ..

i know that the LB-Link BL-S515 5 Ports 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch Hub device is working good because i have use it in another cubicle connecting to a PC .

i tried to uninstall my Symantec Endpoint Protection Client thinking that it was the caused and also the other computer don't have the antivirus but still it didn't work.

applying static IP address to the PC and disabling/enabling it's LAN still no go. however, does hiding the PC from the network using the Administrator-mode command prompt may affect it? how about enabling the PC's firewall?

[hairpull2]

Hi Ger,
I did not mean to 'format'
Just power off the computer and turn it back on again....

everything is all good now ... must be the PC own networking settings that hindering the connection ..

thanks everybody for the great help [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back