Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping track of users coming and going

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtomasone

Technical User
Nov 13, 2001
US
Does anyone know of any good software to keep track of users that I disabled, deleted, or created. We have a mixed bag of AD and Novell GroupWise 6.5. I have to create accounts in both, sometimes just AD and also have a NAS system. In our agency, we do not have any standards on reporting when users leave, retire, etc. This is a serious security hole. Right now, I use a crude spread sheet to keep track of what is going on. Any suggestions? We have over 7,000 users so this is not an easy task. Thanks.

J

Janis Tomasone
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst

if they are logging into nds then dsreport will pull it up in a couple of clicks

They are not logging into NDS. We are 1/2 microsoft and 1/2 groupwise.

Janis Tomasone
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst

Janis, to add to what Terry is saying... A little more detail please.

However, Identity Manager would help you manage the synchronization between accounts.. You obviously have Novell eDirectory AND an Active Directory or NT domain. But what platforms, etc..?

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.

Hello, is there someone who can help me ?
I am wondering if it's possible to know which novell user have been connected to groupwise from my own computer ? IS there a log file or something else which appear in windows or novell (I use Novell 3.2).
Thank U for help

spacen47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back