Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

keeping text from changing from one computer to another in AI CS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

extradifficult

Technical User
Mar 23, 2009
US
In Adobe Illustrator CS5 i work on documents that were created elsewhere. The type shifts. And the client who provided this art gets very upset when that happens. Way back in Illustrator 7 (or thereabouts) when this happened, we took the programs preferences and transplanted them into the new location. That solved the text changing problem. Can this trick still be done? And how?

Are you both using the same font? Fonts can vary by version number and foundry, even if they share the same name.

To address this, your client should embed fonts with their artwork.

They supplied the fonts so I'm pretty sure that they are the same. But. who knows, they could have gone and started working with a different set. I'll inquire. I know I have multiple versions of various fonts (not the one in question right now though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back