Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping Rights on Shared Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivang

ISP
Mar 15, 1999
US
I need to moved a shared documents folder from one Netware 5.1 server to another and if possible keep the group rights in tact.

Does anyone know of a tool that could do this or at least export a report of the rights that need to be applied to the shared documents folder once it is moved to the new server?

Thanks,

Yes, it's called TRUSTBAR.NLM. Will backup and restore all file and user rights. TID 3925492.

Trustbar is really the best. I use it anytime data is moving, sometimes just as a backup just in case. It creates an XML file that you can edit with the new server/volume info and reapply and be done in a matter of minutes.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Hi

I use xcopy to move my files and tcopy to move the rights (it stands for Trustee copy) and is standard in Netware. I copy Gb's every night to another server at our Disarster site and it has worked for years. Tcopy also has some other switches that you can use and if you want a report then just redirect it to a txt file. ie Tcopy *.* /s >>C:\output.txt
Tcopy will keep all your group rights and your explicit user rights as well. Nothing more to do.

Good luck

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back